Kuwait Health Informatics Association (KHIA)
IMIA Society Representative
Dr Eiman Aljafar, President
The Kuwait Health Informatics Association (KHIA) is a not-for-profit organization established in November 2011 in the State of Kuwait. KHIA aims to foster a collaborative environment for all professionals interested in health Informatics, health information management, digital health, and information and communication technologies.
KHIA’s main goals:
- Lead the efforts in advancing health informatics science by playing an active role in setting guidelines for health informatics and information management in the health and care industry in Kuwait.
- Promote the study and application of information and communication technology across Kuwait’s health and care industry.
- Advance the health informatics and information management profession.
- Provide lifelong learning for its members to achieve competitiveness, excellence, and personal development in the field.
- Participate in research and development activities.