IAHSI Nomination Process for New Fellows
Academy Fellows are invited to nominate New Fellow candidates:
- Only Academy Fellows are eligible to nominate new candidates.
- Two nominating Fellows are required for each nomination.
- Nomination deadline for the 2024 class is March 1st, 2024.
- Qualification of the nominations will be reviewed in accordance with the Academy’s bylaws in order to affirm that all qualifications and criteria have been met.
- Nominations are provided to the current Academy Fellows, along with the voting instructions a few weeks after the deadline.
- New Fellows will be inducted at the next Academy Plenary.
Academy Fellow candidates must have the following qualifications:
- Accomplishment: The candidate should generally have a high level of training and experience, recognized research, implementation or policy achievement and contribution, educational impact, or other significant leadership in biomedical and health informatics over a minimum of ten years, and often for much longer.
- Recognition: In those countries or regions where this is possible, it is pertinent if the candidate is an elected member of an academy of sciences or an equivalent organization.
- Global Engagement: The candidate should be engaged internationally. International involvement can be demonstrated through international activities, in particular in research, publication, education, or through international leadership roles in IMIA or in one of the regional international medical informatics organizations of IMIA.
A complete nomination form requires:
- A curriculum vitae of the nominee or link to an online version.
- A link to their publication listings, such as ResearchGate, Google Scholar or ORCHID
- A photo of the nominee.
Complete details for nominating a new Fellow candidate are provided in article 8 of the Academy’s bylaws , please note that regional and gender balance is highly considered.
All current Academy Fellows are invited to nominate new candidates for Fellowship by completing the online nomination form – click here . The nomination deadline for the 2024 class is March 1st, 2024.