Burundi Health Informatics Association
Association Burundaise d’Informatique Medicale (ABIM)
Burundi Health Informatics Association (BHIA)
IMIA GA Representative:
Dr. Frank Verbeke
The Burundi Health Informatics Association (BHIA) is an independent organisation created to promote the application of Health Informatics in Burundi. The goals of the association are as follows:
- To represent Burundi health informatics nationally and internationally, notably through the International Medical Informatics Association (IMIA)
- Stimulating appropriate conditions of service for health informatics professionals.
- Participating in the definition of standards of education and professionalism of health informatics in Burundi.
- Promoting human resource development in health informatics.
- Promoting the use of health informatics in the planning and delivery of health services.
- Organizing meetings, symposia and colloquia for the discussion of experiences in health informatics.
- Assisting members to participate in national and international meetings on health informatics.
- Promoting education and training in health informatics in Burundi.
- Promoting research on health informatics in Burundi.
- To maintain close cooperation with other organisations with similar aims and objectives