Announcing the Canadian 2018 Women Leaders in Digital Health
November 14, 2018 — Digital Health Canada today announced the names of those chosen as Women Leaders in Digital Health 2018.
The Women Leaders in Digital Health 2018 are:
- Elsie Amoako, Founder/CEO, Mommy Monitor;
- Lieutenant Colonel Melissa Brooks, Canadian Armed Forces;
- Barbara Collins, President and CEO, Humber River Hospital;
- Dr. Margaret Ann Kennedy, Chief Nursing Informatics Officer, Gevity;
- Shannon Malovec, Principal, Patient Engagement, TELUS Health;
- Dr. Carolyn McGregor, Research Excellence Chair in Health Informatics, University of Ontario Institute of Technology;
- Penny Rae, Chief Information Officer, Alberta Health Services;
- Mary Slade, Director, eHealth Clinical Programs, Newfoundland and Labrador Centre for Health Information;
- Joanne Templeton, Senior Managing Partner, Gevity, and;
- Haidee Thanda, Founder and Volunteer Co-Lead, Hacking Health Ottawa.
In addition to the winners listed here, an award for Honorary Woman Leader in Digital Health will be presented this year to Susan Anderson, Managing Director, Orion Health. The Women Leaders in Digital Health Award was created to annually celebrate ten female visionaries harnessing the power of IT to transform health and healthcare in Canada. The award is inclusive of all women of influence in health information technology, no matter what their specialty, and is open to all women in the digital health community in Canada.
Finalists were selected from peer-nominated submissions by the 2018 Women Leaders in Digital Health Award Adjudication Committee, consisting of Canadian health industry professionals. The selected finalists were acknowledged as having contributed to the advancement of digital health through leadership and influence in their jurisdiction or nationally; involvement with organizational change or transformation through technology; and impact on health outcomes or health system improvements in the previous year.
Join us in congratulating the
2018 Women Leaders in Digital Health!