IMIA NI – Structure
Members of IMIA-NI fall into several categories:
- Executive Officers – the Chair, and the Vice-Chairs for Working Groups, Administration & Finance, Membership, and Communications.
- National Members – one member is selected by each country member of IMIA. National IMIA member countries seek nominations for this nurse appointee from appropriate country level groups, including recognized nursing and health Informatics groups, the ICN affiliated national nursing association, and other organizations as appropriate. IMIA-NI currently has national members from 28 countries.
- Honorary Members – appointed by the IMIA-NI assembly. Past chairpersons are granted honorary member status.
- Observers and Corresponding Members – individuals granted such status by the General Assembly. Observers to IMIA from non-IMIA member countries can be honored by the Chairperson of IMIA-NI upon recommendation by the executive committee.
- Working Groups – IMIA-NI has a number of Working Groups (WGs).The activities and remits, and memberships, of the WGs vary.
- Institutional Members – Academic and Corporate Institutional members of IMIA may nominate individuals to be members of IMIA-NI