IMIA NI – Goals & Objectives
Goals & Objectives
- Explore the scope of Nursing Informatics and its implications for health policy and information handling activities associated with evidence based nursing practice, nursing management, nursing research, nursing education, standards and patient (or client) decision making and the various relationships with other health informatics entities.
- Identify priorities or gaps and make recommendations for future developments in nursing informatics.
- Support the development of nursing informatics in member countries and promote nursing informatics worldwide.
- Promote linkages and collaborative activities with national and international nursing and health informatics groups and nursing and health care organisations globally.
- Provide, promote and support informatics meetings, conferences, and electronic communication forums to enable opportunities for the sharing of ideas, developments and knowledge.
- Participate in IMIA working groups and special interest groups to present a nursing perspective.
- Develop recommendations, guidelines, tools and courses relating to nursing informatics.
- Encourage the publication and dissemination of research and development materials in the field of nursing informatics
- Support and work with patients, families, communities and societies to adopt and manage informatics approaches to healthcare.