IMIA General Assembly Meeting 2017
Hangzhou International Expo Center, Hangzhou, China – Room 302
At this meeting, the General Assembly members will be voting on the bids for MedInfo 2021. You will be provided the documents for each bid and we ask that you become familiar with this information prior to the meeting. Each bidding society will provide the General Assembly with a short presentation at the meeting. This information, along with the reports for the meeting will be made available to you on the IMIA website prior to the meeting and these will be provided to you at the beginning of August, when we send the reminder email to register.
The IMIA General Assembly (GA) is the formal, legal annual meeting of the IMIA members. Attendance at the IMIA General Assembly is by invitation only. This invitation to register has been sent to all official IMIA GA members and representatives, and to administrative contacts. A reminder will be sent to everyone who has not registered for the GA in the next few days.
If the representative of your organization has changed recently, please let Brenda and Elaine know as soon as possible.
1. One representative of each IMIA Member Society or Institutional Member organization is entitled to attend the GA.
2. One representative of each Working or Special Interest Group is entitled to attend the GA (normally the chair).
3. Honorary Fellows, Corresponding Members (non-voting) and IMIA Board members may also attend the GA.
4. Any GA member unable to attend can nominate a proxy for voting purposes; this must be done in writing in advance of the meeting.
5. Any additional requests for guests to attend must be made in writing – and due to limited space we may not be able to guarantee this.
IMIA will be celebrating its 50th year anniversary at MedInfo 2017, commemorating its beginning as Technical Committee 4, TC4 on Medical Informatics, of IFIP in 1967. We look forward to celebrating with you in
Hangzhou this August.