Career Opportunities – University of Victoria, School of Health Information Science
The School of Health Information Science invites applications for the position of Assistant Teaching Professor effective July 1, 2018 or as negotiated.
The successful candidate will:
- Teach a variety of courses in Health Information Science;
- Engage in curriculum development with the faculty;
- Participate in the life of the school, including serving on undergraduate committees and curriculum working groups;
- Work closely with the Senior Lab Instructor for the courses s/he is responsible for;
- Help with graduate education by serving on graduate student committees.
A doctoral degree (or doctoral degree near completion) in Health Information Science or Health Informatics. Prior teaching experience lecturing in a range of courses in Health Informatics is preferred.
Applicants should have a good understanding of Health Informatics and strong communication, organizational and teaching skills. Evidence of effective teaching of undergraduate courses should be provided, along with a cv detailing teaching experience and a cover letter.
Applicants should have knowledge of the range and scope of health informatics topic areas.
May 15, 2018
For more information please see full career opportunity at – http://imia-medinfo.org/wp/job/assistant-teaching-professor-school-of-health-information-science-faculty-of-human-and-social-development/